Thursday, July 02, 2009

Taking a lesson


Well to start I have to say this. I hate golf lessons with a passion. I've only ever had 2, and afterward's came away that confused and played that bad I just didn't play for a while. I'm a 3 marker at the moment so I know how to hit the ball. But my swing is somewhat, what's the word...hideous/awful/unreliable, you get the idea.

I'm getting a few tips off the club champ at my club, a guy who is robot on the course. Everything is flushed. And I can beat him occasionally. The best bit is he wants paid in beer, which of course I get to help drink.

Had the first one tonight. Apparently I stand to far away from the ball, Stand wayyy to upright. Have all my weight on my heels. And don't even get him started on my grip. Great, I've been here 10 mins, hit 12 balls and I'm ripped to shred's. It's just being back at school. Funny thing is I'm not the type of person who really likes getting told what to do. But after a few/many teething problems, I started to hit it pretty good. Sure standing that much closer to ball felt the clubhead was going to hit my toes and the grip end was going sever my nut's from my crutch. But the ball was flying a little straighter.

Damn it now I'm going to have practice more often or I end up in that dreaded place. Between 1 swing and the other. Otherwise known and Shankland. And my passport has many stamps from that over the last while so I'm in no hurry to go back.

No comments: