Monday, August 07, 2006

Had a shocker this weekend

I had local representative trials this weekend for my local area. Hmmm don't think I could have made a bigger ass of myself. Played absolutely terrible. I've never struggled so much with my ball striking, never.

I managed to hit a stunning 13/36 greens over the 2 days...... Dude that is crap. That's only like one in 3.... I was hitting big power cuts off the tee but that's bearable just aim way left... But my irons were just plain crap. Enough said. The putter went cold in the morning as well paving the way for a 81!!!!!!!! 81!!!!!! Its been a while since I shot in the 80's and well the feeling is worse than I remember. The short game saved my butt in the 2nd round round were I still missed a boatload of greens but mangaged to to get up and down 11/14 times including twice from a bunker. Scrounged a 74 but the damage was done...

And its not like I haven't practiced. I had a few sessions on the range last week and was hitting it great. Short game practice was good too. I don't put it down to choke either because I was only an outside chance for the 12 man team anyway and put no pressure on myself.

Just one of those weekends I suppose........

No comments: